Recently one year elapsed since my departure from Bear Stearns.
All the anniversaries have now passed: one year since (i) I decided to resign, (ii) I actually tendered my resignation, (iii) my resignation was accepted, (iv) my actual last day in the office, (v) the day that would have been my last day (had the firm not collapsed), and finally (vi) my official last day of employment.
The anniversary tournament "BSPT9" was a great success: 104 people turned up (90% of whom were Bear alumni).
Somehow, passing the magic one year mark has caused me to reconsider my decision to leave the markets. My original plan was to leave "indefinitely" and 1 year away was certainly a minimum.
I am now looking actively. We do know that I won't be returning to Bear Stearns, which formally ceased to exist sometime in June last year. However, with former colleagues scattered in dozens of firms now, there are obviously rather better chances that I end up working with some of the same people.
Friday, 15 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment