After a dentist's appointment in Bedford this morning, I drove to the station much later than normal. This meant I had to drive all the way to the far end of the car park to find a free space.
It's actually quite a long way from one end to the other !
As I approached these far off lands, I noticed (along with many cars) large groups of people congregating around the pay&display machines.
At first I thought they were all marvelling at the large number of pound coins you need to make up the daily rate. Then I noticed they were studying the machines intently, perhaps with some annoyance, as if it were broken.
The same groups were surrounding several machines. They couldn't all be broken, surely ?
They appeared to be waiting for something to happen. A software upgrade ? I know all these machines have microchips inside, but that seemed a bit odd.
They couldn't all have agreed to "meet at the parking meter" ?
Then, as I pulled into my space, the "pips" went on my radio and I realised that it was just striking 10am - the start of off-peak parking.
My spending a little time waiting at the machine, they saved 2/3rd off the parking price !
Thursday, 3 June 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment