Friday, 26 October 2007

Happy 40th Burnt-day

I realise that I have been wayward in keeping the blog up to date. I am going to do some catch-up posts, starting now. After this, I will try to be more diligent!

I have discovered how to re-date the posts so they appear to have been posted when I intended to write them.

This post is supposed to have been created just after my birthday, when we were in Dubai.

Karen put on a genuine surprise by flying my mum & Richard out to meet us. Then on the day itself, she arranged an "Arabian Experience": the six of us had dinner on the beach in a private tent. Enormous quantities of Arabian food - many courses - most of which was indeed delicious. It was rather surreal. The boys had chicken nuggets ! We played football in the dark on the beach and had a quick swim in the beachside pool (which was technically shut). It was all-round an excellent 40th birthday.

ps - Last night (the real last night - 17th November) we went to Jim's 40th birthday near Luton and he had kitted out the whole house in Arabian style and laid on a belly-dancer (demo and teach-in modes !) and ethnic drums (one drummer, lots of drums for people to join in with). It was a really clever idea and was a big success. The kids (there were hundreds of them) had a great time.

No comments: