I wonder when is it that you stop having to let the kids win, and they have to start letting you win?
Well, with Tennis, for example, we are not quite there. With poker, I think we are still a way off as well although Harry does have a good record against me in heads-up play. This week for example we played and he was very solid. He won, in fact, when I attempted what I thought was a well-timed bluff. It turned out he already had the top full-house ! Oops.
Anyway, whereas in tennis both Matt and Harry have a bit to learn, it seems that in table-tennis Matt is already there.
We just agreed to buy an outdoor table and with some "help" from the boys, it was assembled on Tuesday night.
In the first few games, I did enough to stay in front. Then Matt figured out how to smash the ball. He's absolutely deadly and before long he had to resort to blatant point-throwing to allow Harry or I to keep up.
Since then, Harry has also learned the real-world equiv of the Wii-power shot and is catching Matt up fast. Only the fact they have exams is keeping them from practicing more and becoming unbeatable.
Wednesday, 9 April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment