Friday, 2 May 2008

Blind Justice

Matt and Harry continue to be very taken by the table tennis. I enjoy it too and it's fairly close between the three of us.

Yesterday during a winner stays on series, I was playing Harry whilst Matt lay on the lawn face down. Matt was able to score the match by sound alone. He had to be told when there was a let, but apart from that he could apparently follow the progress of the point from the sounds of the ball hitting the bat and table and the rhythm of the rally, which is is obviously broken when the ball hits the net or is not returned etc.

Harry believed Matt was in fact peeping and could see, but as a non-skeptic I am inclined to accept the feat on its merits.

nb - Harry was the big winner last night with a 5-match streak.

No comments: