Amongst the New Year's resolutions, I have decided that it would be a good idea to do a bit of cycling every day. Karen says I may last a week, but I think I can do better than that!
Yesterday, on day 1 of X, the only cycling I actually managed to fit in was to bike down to Halfords to buy two new inner tubes for the boys' bikes. I had been doing the decent thing and pumping up the tyres ahead of a planned cycle ride today, when one burst with irreparable damage and the valve broke on another.
I had just spent an age trying to adjust the front derailleur on my bike - the mechanism is only slightly less unintuitive than those hinges in kitchen cabinets. As a result it was pretty late when I finally set off
Bedford is very cycle-friendly: you can get almost anywhere without the need to cycle actually on the road, which was handy in the dark. Mind you, I picked up a bright yellow-shiny jacket in Halfords which I put to use on the ride back. It turns out it is even shinier if you don't wear it inside out !
Today's planned trip to Grafham Water to cycle was scaled back to a trip down to Bedford Marina due to concern over Harry's injury from the "tube game". Karen also didn't seem all that keen when we actually got there, but after a few miles everyone was in the spirit !
Admittedly the preparations and all the loading/unloading took twice as long as the cycle ride, but now we're used to it !
Other New Year's resolutions include more regular posting on the blogs, so watch this place !
Friday, 2 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment