Friday, 21 March 2008

Never Fitter

My friend Jim once told me of a "theory" that he'd heard, which stated that one never becomes any fitter than one was at the age of 40.

I'm sure this is not literally true, but equally it has a strong ring of reason about it, and it is something that stayed in my mind ever since he mentioned it.

Assuming it is basically valid, then I am rather worried, as I don't think my current state of fitness is something I want to be stuck with !

The only good news is that I am 40 for another 6months+ so I have a chance to reset the baseline before it's too late.

I decided it was best to start asap on the repair work so I took the bike out around the park today. Just once round, which is a pretty modest achievement, but at least it is a beginning.

No comments: