We're fortunate to have a large number of tennis courts nearby, and Harry & I went up to play at short notice on Thursday.
It's very informal there. There is no booking of courts etc. In the summer they get quite busy, but on a cold March afternoon there is always plenty of space. In this case, two courts were in use (there are about 8).
Our method of play is also rather informal.
To even up the match, Harry can make use of a variety of rule modifications. These include:
- unilateral double bounce
- unilateral use of double lines
- self-select service position
- freestyle service stroke
- elective third service
- optional 2nd-party serve call-in
- multi-style Mulligans and score-correction facility
It's good fun, though, and a close match is assured by the self-correcting use of the rulebook. I won 3-2 on this occasion (match cut short by requirements to be back for tea: very nice - lamb cutlets).
I think it will not be long before I need to use the flexible rulebook to my advantage, or else I will need to improve my game rapidly to keep up with the boys.
Saturday, 29 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment