Monday, 22 September 2008

Facing Up

I have 100 friends on facebook as of today ! Since this is plainly considerably more than my number of real friends, what is going on ?

Well, unlike some people on facebook, I can say that I know all 100 of these people (and they know me) but I don't send them all Christmas cards !

I started out with one friend when someone invited me to be their friend. I then invited a handful of people. Then the whole facebook effect kicked in when friends of friends who knew me invited me to be their friends too. I had a much lower "hurdle" for accepting a friend request than initiating one.

Eventually, as the numbers grew, I too started inviting people as friends who were more like acquaintances with common interests.

So it goes on, and here we are. There are 100 Million facebook users, so I guess there is still some room for my list to grow !

No comments: